How To Submit Your Entries For SAMA26
How To Submit Your Entries For SAMA26: The South African Music Awards (SAMA) tells the story of how far the SA music industry has come. It celebrates and encourages every
If you haven’t submitted your entries, you might wanna do so soon. Submissions will be closing on the 31st of January although it has been open since November 2019.
Here is the guideline on how to submit your work below.
RiSA provides entrants with forms that must be completed and submitted online.
1. Entries are open to RiSA members and non-RiSA members alike
2. All recordings (singles and albums) submitted for the 26th Annual SA Music Awards must have been commercially released in South Africa during the period 01 February 2019 to 31 January 2020 are eligible to enter.
3. All music videos submitted for the 26th Annual SA Music Awards in the category “Best Produced Music Video that was also published on any digital platform during the period 01 February 2019 to 31 January 2020 can enter
4. An album needs a minimum of four (4) tracks to be considered when submitting your entry
5. Album combinations by different artists packaged together as a single catalog/release may be individually submitted into the genre category that is most reflective of the majority of each recording as if they were separate albums
6. There are different entry fees for Risa and Non-Risa Members
7. Top 5 categories;
– ALBUM OF THE YEAR
– DUO OR GROUP OF THE YEAR
– FEMALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR
– MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR
– NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR
8. In any category where there are less than five entries, that category will be abandoned in that particular SAMA year. All entries into album genre categories must be album releases.
9. Music video of the year and Song of the Year are currently the only categories open for public voting
The #SAMA26 submission deadline is 31 January 2020, tag your favourite artist that you’d like to see at this year’s main event.
— The SA Music Awards (@TheSAMAs) January 17, 2020